New water restrictions go into effect today. These restrictions include:
- No watering between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
- Your hose must have a shut-off nozzle when washing cars.
- Watering is only allowed one day a week during standard time (November to March).
- You may not willingly allow water to run off property into gutters or streets while irrigating landscaping.
- Washing driveways, sidewalks, and parking lots is banned unless it is for health and safety reasons and you obtain prior approval.
Watering is only allowed on alternate days:
- You can water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays if your address ends with an odd number (Saturdays only during standard time).
- You may water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday if your address ends with and even number (Sundays only during standard time).
The water restrictions are outlined in the City’s ordinance. The restrictions come even though Sacramento has not yet declared drought conditions.