Bill Wixey, the Morning Anchor at Seattle’s Q13 Fox, decided to make a list of the top five arguments the Seattle group did not make to the NBA to pick Seattle over Sacramento.
And it’s pretty lame:
- Seattle has great culture; world class ballet, symphony, art museums, and theater). Sacramento has culture; the kind you find at the bottom of a petrie dish.
- Seattle is the city that spawned music legends. Willie Nelson’s tour bus once broke down in Sacramento.
- Seattle kowtows to billionaires. Sacramento is a cowtown.
- Seattle smells like an emerald green forest. Sacramento smells like you’re stepfather’s armpit before a shower and without deodorant.
- Seattle has “Bertha”, the worlds largest boring machine. Sacramento is just boring.
Bill Wixey…..come on!!!
— SonicsJoe (@SonicsJoe) April 4, 2013
Seattle Anchor Bill Wixey is a classless piece of trash that is a prime example why the people of Seattle do not deserve an NBA Franchise.
— Saturday Night Rizz (@PatRisley) April 4, 2013
I don’t have a problem with the Seattle TV bit. Could’ve been funnier, but whatever. I just hope it goes both ways and we can all laugh.
— Carmichael Dave (@CarmichaelDave) April 4, 2013
Wixley later addressed Kings fans saying it was a joke.