MLK365 presents their 32nd Annual March for the Dream, the largest Martin Luther King Jr. march in California.
The theme of this year's march is "eliminating the achievement gap" in our region's schools. The march is FREE, though participants are encouraged to "register and collect pledges to assist with the goal in eliminating the academic and opportunity achievement gap.
Participants for the north-area's march can begin gathering at 7:00am at Grant High School. A ceremony will take place between 7:30am and 8:00am, followed by the march at 8:15am.
North Area Marchers will take the following route:
- East on Grand Avenue and then south on Marysville Boulevard.
- South on Marysville Boulevard as it turns into Del Paso Boulevard.
- Continuing on Del Paso Boulevard toward Northgate Boulevard.
- Cross Northgate Boulevard and onto southbound Highway 160.
- South on Highway 160 as it turns into 12th Street and continue south to L Street.
- West on L Street and south on 10th Street to the west steps of the State Capitol, meeting with marchers from South Sacramento.
View MLK March 2013 in a larger map
Following a rally at the State Capitol, all marchers will head east on L Street from 10th Street, and north on 13th Street to the Convention Center.
The March will end at the Sacramento Convention Center with activities for the entire family from 10:00am – 3:00pm that will include an Employment / Health Expo, Educational Village, Cultural & Youth Talent Show, Entertainment, Arts & Crafts Vendors and Wisdom Corner/Poetry & Visual Arts.
For more info visit: www.mlk365.org.