Last night, the Regional Transit Board of Directors approved the TransitRenewal’s recommendations for route changes.
The changes do not go into effect until September 2012, but here’s a preview of what’s to come for the North Sacramento region:
- Extended Light Rail night service to approximately 11 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Discontinuation of Route 14 (Norwood) and Route 16 (Del Paso Heights – Norwood Avenue) due to low performance.
- The Route 15 (Watt – I-80/Downtown) route remains unchanged with extend weekday service to 10pm.
- Discontinuation of Route 19 (Rio Linda) service along Elverta Road due to low performance with a rerouting along Norwood Avenue from Bell Ave to the Arden/Del Paso Light Rail Station, covering discontinued Route 14 segment.
- Discontinuation of Route 25 (Marconi) service along Del Paso Boulevard due to low performance with extending evening service to approximately 8 p.m. on weekdays. In addition, weekday frequency will be increased to 30 minutes on Marconi Avenue only. Service from the Marconi/Arcade light rail station to the Arden/Del Paso light rail station will also be discontinued due to low ridership.
- Route 86 (San Juan – Silver Eagle) – Service on Harris Avenue will be discontinued.
Visit the TransitRenewal website for more information.